BASICS OF PHOTOGRAPHY
29th June, 2017
Points to be covered:
- What is a camera?
- Parts of a camera.
- Camera care.
- Camera handling.
1. What is a camera?
A camera is an optical instrument that helps record images. Either still or moving and still or moving and stores them for a lifetime. The term camera comes from the Latin word “camera Obscure “ (Dark chamber. In simple terms , a camera is a dark box that control the amount of light for recording visual image in the form of light for recording visual images in the form of photographs and . it is a tool in visual images in the form of photographs and it is a tool in the hands of a photographer to capture his imagination.
2. PARTS OF CAMERA
- Camera body
- Recording media card
3. CAMERA CARE
The 3 things that can harm a camera are dirt. Shock and water.
Dirt sticks to the digital sensors and spoils the image quality as well as the working of a camera covering your camera with a cloth or using a rain hood for your camera that allows easy access of the camera control. Works well. One can also use camera blower to puff off the dust particals from both outside and inside the camera .
To protect a camera from shock one should check the following points before using the camera:
- Ensure that the camera strap is not broken.
- Ensure that the camera bag is properly closed and is not left open.
- There should be no unused camera strap
- Do not place the camera on an unstable support.
- Check your camera strap and its connectors regularly for any signs of damage. Make it habit to double check that your camera bag is properly closed, before picking it up.
Protect your camera from water and high moisture. Use a rain hood during bad weather. Weather condition are such that your eyeglasses fog up while moving from indoors to outdoors or vise- versa, there is a good chance your camera could get internal condensation. a Hence, use a camera bag to insulate your camera and camera and allow it to change temperature gradually
TIPS FOR CAMERA HANDLING
- When clearing the camera, body use a blower to gently remove dust and lint. Then wipe gently with a sort and dry cloth.
To remove fingerprints and other stains from the lens, apply a small amount of lens, apply a small amount of lens cleaner to a micro fine cloth or soft cloth and wipe the lens carefully. Use a lens cap to protect it from dust and scratches.
- Remove the battery when not in use.
- Empty your memory card before going out on a shoot.
HOW TO HOLD THE CAMERA?
- Pull your elbows close to your body.
- Stand as still as possible.
- Try to hold your breath while taking a shot.
- Lean against a solid object if possible.
- Use a tripod for slow shutter speeds.